1. Set up website on squarespace.com. I decided to try bigblackbag.com instead, thanks to a tip from my new friend, Jo. I did start my home page, but want to use different photos.
2. Update social networking sites (blog, facebook, twitter) about the process. Since I didn't do much work on my website, I really had nothing to write about. I did continue to use facebook and twitter to support and encourage my fellow artists.
3. Continue to develop brand. Hmm, I have had this on my mind for a bit. I did ask my husband how he would describe my baskets. His reply? "Traditional, with a modern twist." I like that!
3. Continue to develop lines of inventory. I did make some new baskets, two with a new design. I will upload photos of them soon.
4. Work on pricing strategy. I began work on this last night. There is a lot to consider, and I want to be conscious of the time and effort I am putting into the construction of my baskets.
So for this week, I hope to get at least the bare bones version of my website up and running. I decided to break this goal out into smaller steps:
1. Take photos for the home page.
2. Write my bio for an "About Me" page.
3. Link my website to my blog.
4. Develop my home page with photos and logo.
5. Make my own logo in Illustrator. This could be tricky, but I am going to give it a try.
6. Develop my tagline. I want it to declare my intentions for my creations.
I hope everyone has a wonderful, creative and playful week!
|My Mardi Gras rose. Such a beauty!|