Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Dainty Crochet Earrings

A quick and fun crochet jewelry project! I used this pattern from Julie Bolduc to make gifts last Christmas. I customized the pattern by adding 4 mm bicone Swarovski crystal beads.

Pink crochet earrings.


Purple crochet earrings.


Yellow crochet earrings.

It was such a joy to make these gifts for my friends. I have yet to decide if I will be making any Christmas gifts this year. I do want to support my fellow handmade artists, which is why I am participating in A Crafty Holiday. Angela Flicker is hosting a blog hop for bloggers to visit each other with ideas and inspiration for handmade gifts made by other artists. There is still time to contact Angela (deadline is October 14) if you are interested in participating. I'll bet we're going to be blown away by the beautiful wares!!

So, what are your plans for holiday shopping this year? Making your own? Buying handmade? Buying online? Braving the shopping centers? I'd love to know!




1 comment:

Jo said...

Ooooo pretty! What lovely gifts. How quick are they to make as they would be lovely in your shop too.

Thanks for the link. I love making pressies for friends and family too but am not quite sure how much time I'll have to actually do that this year. It was bad enough one year when I bought cards rather than made them.... the phonecalls and messages I received as a result have meant that I've never sent out shop bought Christmas scards since...eek!

So, yes, will probably be buying handmade and online too. Although for all the loveliness out there right now its going to be quite a choice!!!

hugs xx