Friday, September 10, 2010

A Larger Crochet Basket Design

Hello, everyone! How about a glimpse of a larger crochet basket I created? The wavy stitch design is the same one that I used on the baskets in my previous post. This time the dimensions are 7" x 3 1/2".

Toffee and Light Blue Satin Cord Crochet Basket

Close-up of my crochet stitches

Bottom of basket showing my label and embroidered edge
Picture a lovely beach house, with this basket filled with shells or starfish on the coffee table. I can also see it in a bathroom, filled with hand towels or wash cloths. How do you envision using it in your own home?

Wishing everyone a beautiful Friday and a lovely weekend. I can feel fall in the air!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just lovely Melissa! I just love the two colors you used! And your label on the bottom...too adorable!

Happy September
xoxo Valerie
http://valeriehart.com

Renae Bradley said...

What a great job -the felt looks so professional -love the additional label!

Jacqueline said...

Dearest Melissa, this is really gorgeous! I love the colors on this one. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

jacqueline
http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Such beautiful crochet work! And I LOVE your color schemes -- this basket definitely looks beachy! I've come by way of Monica. You do have a lovely blog!

Deb said...

Your basket design is so creative & yes, I can imagine it in a beach house filled with sea shells!
Thank you for stopping by ~ and your nice comment ♥

Jo said...

Yet another beautiful basket and with a multitude of uses too. Just adore the soft colours.
Hugs xxx

Anne Butera said...

Hi, Melissa!

Love your label and the soft colors in this basket. It looks beautiful filled with balls of yarn (yarn is so pretty, it should be on display!).

Did you print the label on a page of labels or use label paper and cut it out? I was thinking that once my logo is finished I'd have a stamp (or a couple in different sizes) made so I could make all sorts of labels and tags for things.

Jodene Shaw said...

This is so pretty ~ I love the colors you have on this basket! Just pretty!

Thanks for popping in and visiting my "Coke" photos!

Nice to find you!
grace,
~jodi

Monica said...

Love, love. love this color combo!
As for this in my home, hmm... let me think. I do use baskets or enamel bowls in the bathrooms for hand towels, but this could be great too. Also for beauty products. And what about pebbles or seaglass?? So cool, Melissa! Love these natural and pale shades you're using lately.
Hugs, and many thanks for your presence.
Monicaxo.