Friday, October 10, 2008

Mixed Media Collages

Inspired by Kelly Rae Roberts' book, Taking Flight, I have begun to explore mixed media collage. I have always admired collage and have even collected materials, but have never ventured forth to actually create something. My first attempt:



The lyric "Because we all have wings" is from the song Never Tear Us Apart by INXS. The cute elephant paper is a freebie from Jackie Eckles on the Little Dreamer Designs blog.

Second try:



Most of the elements on this page are from the Angel Kit by Lily Designs.

I enjoyed the process of making both collages, especially getting to paint. I already have other projects in the works, and will be trying some new techniques. Ahh, art is bliss!

1 comment:

A COLLAGE A DAY said...

i love the second try collage!